We Respect Your Privacy
Who we are
Our website address is: https://lwvpbc.org.
By default, the League of Women Voters Palm Beach County and Member Monster does not collect any personal data about visitors, and only collects the data shown on the User Profile screen from registered users.
However, personal data is not just created by a user’s interactions with this site. Personal data is also generated from technical processes such as contact forms, comments, cookies, analytics, and third-party programs.
Types of personal data that is collected: name, email address, personal account preferences; transactional data, such as purchase information; and technical data, such as information about cookies. You can learn more in the sections below.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We keep contact form submissions for a one year for customer service purposes, but we do not use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year, upon renewal the cookies will also renew for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for a day, and screen options cookies last for a year.
- When you use the “Remember Me” feature of the ‘Instant Payment’ or ‘Pay Now’ Stripe Checkout, we collect your email address, payment card number, CVC code and expiration date. It is also collected and secured within Stripe.
- When you use the “Remember Me” feature of the ‘Instant Payment’ or ‘Pay Now’ Paypal Checkout, we collect your email address, payment card number, CVC code and expiration date. It is also collected and secured within Paypal.
- If you select “Remember Me” feature when logging in, your login will persist for 1 day, then you will be automatically logged out. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be retained on your browser until your next login.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and orders
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our site
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our website offerings
- Send you marketing, newsletter and email messages, if you choose to receive them
When you create a membership account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store. While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products, events and membership levels you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you events you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping if needed.
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information, for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
These are some of the ways we use analytics software: to track admin login for security, user traffic, page views, transaction details and event registration. This analytical data is kept in our database and is not shared with anyone except Member Monster. Member Monster, as this site’s hosting provider and web developer, may review this data solely for the purposes of making this website more functional and appealing. Member Monster’s expressed policy prohibits the sharing or selling of data.
- If you create, submit, import, save, or publish event ticket information, as well as RSVP or purchase tickets to events, such information is retained in the local database:
- Attendees information (RSVPs and Tickets): name and email address
- Ticket information (RSVPs and Tickets): name, email address, and ticket number/SKU (via check-in page)
- Ticket purchaser information: name and email address
- Ticket purchaser billing address, which is collected through the use of WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, or PayPal
- If you visit one of our pages featuring a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. Here the YouTube server is informed about which of our pages you have visited. If you’re logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
- track user activity over different browsing sessions.
- record what item on the previous page the user interacted with to get to the current page
- store information on the number of visits, first visit, and the most recent visit
- record the timestamp of the moment the user enters the site
- track when users leave the site
- track where a visitor came from
- MailChimp: a cookie is set once a visitor interacts with a Survey invitation modal pop-up. It is used to ensure that the same invite does not reappear if it has already been shown. This can be used for newsletter subscriptions or event notifications.
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in MailChimp emails (this is our bulk email service). We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages that are required to provide you with our member services.
Member Monster, as this site’s hosting provider and web developer, may share Personal Data with a limited number of service providers on the League’s behalf, such as identity verification services, website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, and auditing services. These service providers may need to access Personal Data to perform their services. We authorize such service providers to use or disclose the Personal Data only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We require such service providers to contractually commit to protecting the security and confidentiality of Personal Data they process on our behalf. Our service providers are predominantly located in the European Union and the United States of America.
We share Personal Data with third party business partners when this is necessary to provide our Services to our Users. Examples of third parties to whom we may disclose Personal Data for this purpose are banks and payment method providers (such as credit card networks) when we provide payment processing services.
Depending on your location and subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights with regard to the Personal Data we control about you:
- The right to request confirmation of whether League of Women Voters Palm Beach County processes Personal Data relating to you, and if so, to request a copy of that Personal Data;
- The right to request that League of Women Voters Palm Beach County rectifies or updates your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated;
- The right to request that League of Women Voters Palm Beach County erase your Personal Data in certain circumstances provided by law;
- The right to request that League of Women Voters Palm Beach County restrict the use of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as while Member Monster considers another request that you have submitted (including a request that Member Monster make an update to your Personal Data); and
- The right to request that League of Women Voters Palm Beach County export to another company, where technically feasible, your Personal Data that we hold in order to provide Services to you.
Where the processing of your Personal Data is based on your previously given consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data on grounds relating to your particular situation.
349 Oak Grove Ct.
Sullivan, Mo 63080
Attention: Member Monster Legal/LWVPBC
The Site may provide links to Web sites maintained by our third party advertisers and others. Any information, products, software, or services provided on or through third-party sites are controlled by the operators of such sites and not by us or our subsidiary companies. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.
What is an SSL Certificate?
SSL is a standard security protocol which establishes encrypted links between a web server and a browser, thereby ensuring that all communication that happens between a web server and browser(s) remains encrypted and private. SSL Certificate is an industry standard that is used by millions of websites worldwide to protect all communication and data that’s transmitted online through the websites.
Users will see indicators of security: an “https” prefix in this site’s address bar and the padlock icon on their browser when they submit personal information.
SSL Certificate by Comodo
Comodo has a well-earned reputation in the Web Security industry. The Comodo SSL Certificate used on this site protects all user interactions, communications and transactions, which means this site will have the highest security levels.
Comodo’s unique ’point-to-verify’ technology shows real-time verification of this organization’s credentials and the Comodo warranty whenever a visitor hovers their mouse cursor over the seal. Comodo provides 2048 bit signatures and up to 256 encryption with the highest possible levels of security for users. Comodo’s root certificates are embedded in all major browsers and devices and are trusted by 99.9% of the Internet population.