Our Voting Rights Coalition is made up of the Palm Beach County chapters of the League of Women Voters, National Council of Jewish Women, and American Civil Liberties Union, and concerned individuals from across Florida. We are guided by League Policy: The League of Women Voters of the United States believes that voting is a fundamental citizen right that must be guaranteed.
The Voting Rights Coalition works on many fronts to protect voting rights:
- Restore the vote. We’re working to overcome onerous legal financial obligations (LFOs) and provide a pathway to let Florida felons register to vote.
- Support passage of H.R. 1, For the People’s Act and H.R.4, The John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act in the U. S. Congress
- Educate citizens. We study issues. We educate Floridians about voting rights and good governance issues in Florida and nationally.
- Combat voter suppression. We study, educate, and advocate to eliminate policies and laws that limit access to voting.
- Combat voter suppression in Florida 2021 legislation
- Support national voting rights bills
- Restore voting rights for returning citizens with LFOs
- Support fair districting
The Voting Rights Coalition meets monthly on the first Thursday of the month at 2:00 PM, on Zoom until the pandemic is over. Join us.