Our Voting Rights Coalition is made up of the Palm Beach County chapters of the
League of Women Voters, National Council of Jewish Women, and American Civil
Liberties Union, and concerned individuals from across Florida.
The League of Women Voters of the United States believes that voting is a fundamental
citizen right that must be guaranteed.
The Voting Rights Coalition works on many fronts to increase voting rights:
- Let felons vote. We’re working to overcome onerous financial burdens and allow
Florida felons to register to vote.
- Protect elections. In partnership with the non-partisan national Election
Protection Coalition our volunteer serve as poll monitors to assure all voters have
equal opportunity to vote and make their vote count.
Election Protection Coalition https://866ourvote.org/about/
- Support the VRAA. We support passage of the Voting Rights Advancement Act
in the U. S. Congress.
- Educate citizens. We study issues. We educate Floridians about voting rights
issues in Florida and nationally.
- Combat voter suppression. We fight to eliminate policies and laws that limit
access to voting.
The Voting Rights Coalition meets monthly on the first Thursday of the month at 2:00 PM. We take a summer recess: there are no meetings in June, July and August. Come join us.
Compass Community Center, 201 North Dixie Hwy, Lake Worth Beach.