By Nancy Gau
- Total number of cases in Florida as of May 31: 55,424
- Total number of cases in Palm Beach County (PBC) as of May 31: 5996
- Gender difference in PBC cases: 50% Male and 50% Female
- Median age of cases in PBC: 48
- Total number of deaths in Florida: 2447
- Total number of deaths in PB County: 337
- Per CDC as of May 29), national levels of influenza-like and COVID-19-like illness, and the percentage of specimens testing positive
- for COVID-19 continues to decline or remain stable. (Note-according to the Palm Beach, the number of COVID-19 cases in PB County went up by nearly 100 cases on May 31.)
FITTEAM Ballpark of the Palm Beaches (561-642-1000)
South County Civic Center (1-800-209-7919)
Belle Glade: Primary Care Clinic (561-642-1000)
MD Now Urgent Care with locations www.mymdnow.com/locations
Some CVS stores (call your local store, or visit www.cvs.com)
Quest Diagnostics Labs (1-866-697-8378)
For the entire listing of testing sites, contact the Health Care District at 561-642-1000 or access their website (pbcgov.com)
For home-bound testing, call EIC at 561-712-6400.
The most recent announcement added to reopening updates: all branches of the PB County Library System will reopen on Monday, June 1, 2020.
- Please visit our Facebook page to tune in to our weekly “COVID Conversations” airing every Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. Each session includes a guest speaker. Upcoming topics will include health insurance, racial disparities, COVID-19 impact on schools, Felon Rights, MICS-C (Multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children), and more.
Note: these weekly conversations will likely continue, with different Issue Groups participating. Look for our new name, to be announced soon.