The Civics Education Committee promotes and supports civics education, critical thinking and civility.
To provide reliable information on elections and public policy issues to a diverse PBC population through innovative educational approaches. The committee works to accomplish its mission by:
- Developing innovative educational tools and approaches that encourage thoughtful debate and discussion about the history, principles and foundations of American democracy and current policy issues.
- Encouraging civility and critical thinking.
- Discussing civic practices such as voting, volunteering, courts, and joining with others to improve society.
- Enabling individuals not only to study how others participate in civic matters, but also to practice participating and taking informed action themselves.
2020 Matters. Our priorities in 2020 are to educate people about the issues and the importance of their vote. We will work with other League groups to ensure that voters are educated, registered and realize the importance of their vote.
Cindy Sheehan-Hartwell – email@example.com – 603-770-9588
Please note that due to a conflict, the date of this month’s Civics Education meeting has been changed to February 27th at 6:30 at the Lantana Library on Lantana Road. This is a one-time change. Future meetings will continue to be held on the last Tuesday of the month.
The last Tuesday of every month. Times are staggered to ensure that those who work have an opportunity to attend. Morning meetings start at 10:00 a.m., every second meeting is in the evening at 6:30 p.m. Check the LWVPBC Calendar for dates, move cursor over date to reveal time and location.
- A series of five (5) power point presentations
- A series of four (4) MINI crossword puzzle booklets
- A series of critical thinking worksheets on important LWV issues.
“WOW! This is amazing! The crosswords are going to be such a powerful tool come time for our EOC (End of Course) Civics assessment in May. It’s a fun interactive teaching tool that every student will benefit from.” – Sari Simpson