Insure that the membership and coalitions of the League of Women Voters of Palm Beach County reflect the population of the area. We will target membership recruiting of minorities; and broaden involvement and co-sponsorship of studies, advocacy, and other activities.
Phase I: Examined the county population and reached out to identified groups.
Phase II: Focused on understanding different cultures.
- Held events on the Caribbean.
- Reported on League sponsored educational trips to Cuba.
- Learned about the Asian Indian population of the county.
- Connected with the US-China Friendship organization in sponsoring a meeting on China.
- League study groups are forming coalitions with outside groups that have common issues.
Phase III: Co-sponsor an important event with the Black sororities and fraternities so that we can work on common issues.
Phase IV: Expand the Building Bridges Committee and adopt a working plan to continue to be a leading motivator in working with groups for the betterment of the county.
What Can You Do?
Join The Building Bridges Committee.
We need people who are interested in a broad spectrum of issues that impact Palm Beach County and can be part of coalition building among the community.